Everyone wants their business to look great, attracting potential clients and business partners. Likewise, everyone knows that the quality of your paint job can influence the overall appeal of your facility.
So, how do you get the most out of your commercial painting project? What tips or secrets might there be to make sure you are getting the best value and results from your painting investment? We have a few ideas for you!
Five great commercial painting project tips
1. Communicate your desires clearly up-front. If you come into your first meeting with a clear idea of what you hope for, everything runs more smoothly. Plan out your questions and have them ready. Prepare a list of what items the painting project will include. Try to have at least a rough budget in mind. If there are any special considerations regarding the paint coatings, odors, safety or working hours, tell us! The best way to get what you want in a commercial paint job is to communicate what you want!
2. Plan to do a better job, less often. Budget paint jobs are often done quickly and cheaply, but there is a hidden cost. Inferior materials will wear out sooner. Rushed painters will not produce straight lines and even coatings. Instead, plan to invest in higher quality materials and a painting contractor who follows best practices. Yes, it will take more time and money, but this investment will pay off. You will have better-looking results, and you will have a longer-lasting paint job.
3. Invest in a color consultation. Don’t settle for a fresh coat of blah! A professional color consultation for your business can help you choose colors that will appeal to a wide range of customers without boring them to death! We can suggest ideas for trim colors, accent walls and other decorative features that you might not think of otherwise. With a color consultation, you’re not just freshening up the same old look; you are getting a fresh style that’s suited to your milieu!
4. Feel free to determine the working hours. If you need to stay open during your commercial painting process, tell us! If there’s a way to make it happen, we’ll do it! We can work around your operational needs to minimize the disruption to your business.
5. Get feedback from your customers. Try asking a few of your customers what they think of the atmosphere in your retail or commercial facility. You could do this during a casual chat, or pass out a paper survey. Of course, make sure you get enough opinions that you can get a general idea (just in case the first person you talk to is… different!). Ask them if the paint makes them feel welcome and comfortable, or if it feels too bland and institutional. Ask for suggestions. This not only helps you get ideas for your commercial painting; it also gives your customers a feeling that they belong, that they matter in your business!
Commercial Painting for San Diego County
Pacific Western Painting provides commercial and industrial painting services for San Diego county, including San Marcos, Oceanside, Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Escondido, El Cajon and more!