What is Abrasive Blasting?
Abrasive blasting (such as sand blasting, glass bead, walnut shell, or steel shot, etc.) is a surface treatment process which has become a crucial service in the painting industry. As the name implies, this procedure involves propelling small particles of a material at high speeds. Abrasive blasting is used in a wide variety of settings to remove unwanted debris or alter the texture of a surface to ensure maximum adhesion of paint coatings.
Functions of Abrasive Blasting
- Heavy Duty Cleaning – Often used in industrial settings, abrasive blasting can be used to remove old paint or any unwanted debris that would otherwise be difficult to eliminate.
- Preparation of Surfaces – Eradicates dirt and oils on a surface prior to painting, bonding, etc.
- Etching Smooth Surfaces – Abrasive blasting is also used to roughen a smooth surface so that paint will adhere optimally.
- Metal Restoration – Removes flaking rust and scale on metals.
Is Sand Blasting Safe?
Safety should be the top priority for any commercial or industrial painting contractor. While there are significant dangers to health involved in careless use of sandblasting, these can all be avoided if the proper procedures and equipment are employed correctly. Pacific Western goes the extra mile to maintain the highest level of safety standards for all involved, workers and community alike.
Where is abrasive blasting used?
Abrasive blasting can be used in a variety of industrial and commercial settings including the following:
- Manufacturing Facilities
- Chemical Plants
- Metal Structures
- Brick, Stone, and Concrete
- Boat Hulls and Ship Yards
Are You Looking for Abrasive Blasting Services In San Diego?
Pacific western is proud to offer both sand and steel shot blasting services. As a trusted, well-established industrial painting company in San Diego, Pacific Western is able to assess the condition of your industrial facility and identify the best solutions to protect your investment with long-lasting industrial coatings. Contact us for a free estimate today!